Tuesday 28 December 2010

Not Telling

Starting yesterday, I have had to eat almost constantly, because as soon as I stop eating I feel like my stomach will empty itself in an unconventional and unpleasant manner.

What does this have to do with not telling? The convention of only sharing the big news with a few close friends or family until after the risky first trimester is over makes total sense. I get it. I've adopted it, slightly modified to include total strangers. But here's the trouble: all of my close friends and family live in the States. Which means I can only call them on the weekends, and I really want to complain to my Mommy right. now.

And so in addition to nausea, I'm feeling pretty isolated. I know this will go away in February when we tell the world, but I'm really missing being able to whine about stuff on facebook and twitter, and almost immediately have someone advising or commiserating or telling me to buck up and stop whining.

So, for now, you're getting all of it, blog. Sorry.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to the needing to eat to prevent nausea thing. You have my sympathies! Not nice.

    To be honest, the convention of not telling people for the first trimester never made much sense to me. I figured if things went wrong then I'd want the love and support of my nearest and dearest straight away. I pretty much told everybody as soon as I knew ... which was at about two weeks! lol ...

    Hope the ickiness and isolation goes away soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete